If your church has an active Women’s Ministry, it’s very likely that at some point you will have a guest speaker for an event. Whether you are in women’s ministry leadership or an attendee, your speaker needs your prayers! This post gives direction for ways you can support her in prayer.
I was nearing the end of the message when I felt the first tickle. I cleared my throat and continued. But the tickle grew more persistent. Someone handed me a glass of water, but the need to cough grew stronger. While a volunteer read a Bible passage, I turned to the wall, hacking loudly behind my hand and praying fervently the coughing fit would quickly end.
The speaker you have scheduled for your next women’s conference or retreat desperately needs your prayers – before and during the event. She may have spiritual struggles, family issues, deadlines – or allergies!
We all know prayer is vital, but we often allow the busyness of those last days to distract us from the event’s primary purpose – the spiritual growth and encouragement of your women. Dozens of details press in and each day we tell ourselves we will “pray later.”
Be purposeful in praying for your speaker. Put it on your to-do list. Ask your team to join you in prayer and help them know how to pray for her.
6 Ways to Pray for Your Event Speaker
Here are six specific ways you can pray for your speaker and her ministry to your women:
- Message Preparation – Your speaker wants the message she prepares to touch hearts and meet the needs of your women. Pray God will give her wisdom and discernment as she studies and prepares (Colossians 1:19).
- Physical Needs – Pray for your speaker’s health, relationships, travel safety, and even her technology tools. Everything area of her life can impact her ministry (Romans 1:9-13).
- Spiritual Protection – The enemy does not want your speaker’s message to be powerful and effective. Pray that God will “protect her from the evil one” (John 17:15).
- Spiritual Growth – Your speaker is still growing spiritually. Pray she will grow in her knowledge of God and live a life that pleases Him (Ephesians 3:14-19; Colossians 1:10-11).
- Message Delivery –Your speaker can’t leave life behind when she approaches the front of the room. She may be dealing with a scratchy throat, a rebellious teenager, or a packed schedule. Pray she can deliver God’s message with clarity, boldness, and grace (Colossians 4:4-6, Ephesians 6:19).
- Message Effectiveness – This is the end game! Pray her message will hit its mark and bear much spiritual fruit (Colossians 1:10).
Don’t forget to let your speaker know you’re praying for her. It’s great encouragement.
Do you have a speaker coming to your church soon? Can you think of additional ways you can pray for her?
Note: If you need a speaker for you next event, check out Kathy’s speaking information!