Chocolate is my love language and I speak it fluently. In honor of the Chocolate Holiday (aka “Valentine’s Day), I’d like to share some of my chocolate favorites with you.
I do have a few “chocolate quirks.” For instance, I LOVE chocolate and I LOVE ice cream, but I don’t particularly care for chocolate ice cream. I like nuts covered in chocolate, but not nuts in my chocolate. And yes, there is a difference. Same goes with chocolate and fruit. Fruit dipped in chocolate is great, but don’t put fruit in my chocolate. In fact, there is something just wrong about chocolate covered cherries.
Top Ten Chocolate Favorites (Plus One)
Without further ado, here are my chocolate go-tos. (In no particular order)
- Dairy Milk chocolate bar – quite possible the creamiest chocolate bar ever!
- Hershey’s Best Brownies (recipe below!) – I’ve been making these brownies for probably 25 years!
- M&Ms – a truly classic fav!
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs – only available around Easter. Ya’ll, I can’t stop eating these. So I try NOT to buy them. If you have more discipline than I do, try them out. You can order on Amazon and get them tomorrow with Prime!
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs Christmas version! – Oh yes!
- Lindt Milk Chocolate Lindor Balls – These may be my #1.
- Mocha Truffles – The perfect combination of chocolate, cream cheese, and chocolate. I traditionally make these at Christmas. Here’s the recipe!
- Warm Chocolate Melting Cake – ate it every night on our last Carnival Cruise. They actually gave me the recipe, but when I tried to recreate it, it just wasn’t the same. Maybe it’s because I messed up converting the recipe from 200 servings to 12! I found this recipe online. Not sure if it’s legit, but it’s probably worth trying. And it only makes 6 servings!
- Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Bells – If you like mixing peppermint with your chocolate, check these out next Christmas!
- Fudge Richey – from “Susie’s South Forty” in Midland, Texas (Ladies, it’s chocolate-covered fudge!) And you can order online. And although their Pecan Toffee doesn’t have chocolate, it is fabulous!
- Rolo Pretzel Delights – I was finished with my top ten when I remembered this brand new favorite, so you get a bonus. A friend brought these to a ladies’ lunch in December and I could not get enough. I had to go home and make some. Super easy, but super addictive, so watch out. Here’s the recipe!
I’d love to hear about your chocolate favorites and any quirky chocolate rules!
Hershey’s Best Brownies
I got this recipe off the back of a canister of Hershey’s cocoa many years ago. However, the chocolate chips are my addition!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large bowl. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add cocoa, beat. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat well. Mix half the chocolate chips into the batter and spread into a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 30 minutes only!