Google Reader is Dead
I’ve been putting this off. I’ve known for weeks and weeks that Google Reader is on the way out, but I haven’t told you. Well, if you didn’t know, you know now!
As of July 1, Google Reader will cease to exist. So, if you have subscribed to all your favorite blogs – perhaps this one! – in Google Reader, you will need to choose a new format very soon. Most of these options will help you transfer your feeds over from Google Reader.
Here are several articles to help you find an alternative:
- Life Hacker – Best Alternatives to Google Reader
- Site Point – Free Alternatives to Google Reader
- Steam Feed – Who wants an Alternative?
If you have not subscribed to my blog, you can do that by clicking on “Subscribe to my blog” at the top of this post.
10 Blogs You Might Like
Rather than simply share some negative news with you today, I thought it would be fun to share a few blogs with you that I love. Check them out. You may want to subscribe to a few and try out your new reader!
- Permission to Live Well with Teri Lynne Underwood – encouragement and practical help for women who want to embrace abundant living; lots of encouragement for the parental journey
- The MOM Initiative – Mothers on a Mission to Mentor Other Mothers
- Come Have a Peace with Julie Sanders – Connecting God’s Truth with Life; Marriage Mondays
- Hello Mornings – a challenge and help to maximize your mornings with Christ
- Do Not Depart – Tools and encouragement to abide in the Word
- To Overflowing with Lara Williams – Stirring Up a Wildly Vibrant Faith
- Blog in My Eye by Cynthia Hopkins – devotional, “List Wednesday,” and parenting
- Stuff Christians Like with Jon Acuff – humorous observations on the Christian life
- The MOD Squad – encouragement & inspiration for Mothers of Daughters
- The MOB Society – For Moms of Boys by Moms of Boys
I love that I’ve been so informative and shared so much wonderful stuff with you today! Chime in and share your favorite blogs!