The fall semester of women’s Bible study is now in full swing. You managed to round up enough leaders, but you certainly didn’t have many – if any – extras! And before you know it, January will be here and it will be time to secure small group leaders all over again!
Does the thought of recruiting a few new small group leaders cause you to sigh heavily? Maybe you have no idea where they’ll come from. Maybe you even secretly hope you won’t have as many ladies sign-up for Bible study.
Hang on just a minute! Don’t panic! If you have groups of women studying the Bible together, then you have groups of potential leaders. You just need to know how to spot the best candidates.
You can provide training in some areas like guiding discussion and dealing with different personalities. But other qualities cannot be so easily taught.
Look for these seven signs in potential new leaders. Although not a sure thing, they are strong indicators that you could have a great leader in the making!
- She cares about and actively serves other women (Romans 12:9-13).
- She is passionate about God’s Word and is committed to its study (2 Timothy 3:14-17).
- She takes discipleship seriously and is growing spiritually (1 Timothy 4:7-8).
- She is a woman of strong character with a good attitude and integrity of speech (Titus 2:7-8).
- She demonstrates faithfulness and reliability in her current commitments (Proverb 31:27).
- She is humble and teachable (James 3:13).
- She is a woman of prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
What other characteristics do you look for in a potential leader? What qualities can be taught and which cannot?
Sign up to get Kathy's blog posts by email and get a free Bible study on the book of Titus.
Titus Bible Study
Join Kathy's mailing list to receive a free mini Bible study on the book of Titus.
Success! Check your inbox for the download link.