Have you ever wondered how to tell if you were making any progress in your spiritual journey? The Bible is clear that God wants to be increasingly more like Jesus. He wants us to grow up and mature in our faith. But how do we know if this is happening?
I just started a great book yesterday by Donald S. Whitney called “Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health.” It’s only 130 pages and so far a very easy read. What I’ve read so far is chocked-full of useful and practical information.
The titles of the ten chapters are questions we can ask ourselves to help evaluate the state of our spiritual health. Here they are:
1. Do you thirst for God?
2. Are you governed increasingly by God’s Word?
3. Are you more loving?
4. Are you more sensitive to God’s presence?
5. Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
6. Do you delight in the bride of Christ?
7. Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to you?
8. Do you still grieve over sin?
9. Are you a quicker forgiver?
10. Do you yearn for heaven and to be with Jesus?
Of course each chapter elaborates on the question and gives some very practical direction and advice. I encourage you to consider getting the book to give your faith walk a boost. Here’s a link.