This is the last in a series of posts on God’s unfailing love. See the first in the series here.
If you’re anything like me, the answer is “sometimes yes, sometimes no.” Sometimes we put others first and love them unselfishly, meeting their needs. But sometimes, we get in the way, we put ourselves first, and we “love” others half-hearted at best. Still other times we find it hard to love others because they “don’t deserve it.”
Thankfully, God loves us vastly different than we love each other. His love is based on His character and not on our worthiness. He loves us well because He is holy, perfect.
It’s so easy for us to take God’s love for granted. Unless we remind ourselves, we are quick to forget the greatness of His unfailing love. In Psalm 103, David purposefully recounted the benefits of God’s love and praised Him for them. Let’s follow David’s example. Below are 10 benefits of God’s unfailing love based on Psalm 103:
- He forgives our sins.
- He heals our diseases.
- He redeems our lives from the pit.
- He crowns us with compassion.
- He satisfies our desires with good things.
- He makes His ways known to us.
- He does not treat us as our sins deserve.
- He is rich toward us with abundant forgiveness, mercy, and grace.
- He deals with us gently because He knows we are weak.
- He will love us forever; His love never fails.
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Psalm 103:1-2
Do you ever take the Lord’s love for granted? In what ways has He shown His love to you recently?