Nature of God:
- There is one God who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them.
- God is one God, yet three Persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The eternal Son, Jesus Christ, was born of a virgin to be God in the flesh among His people. He is both fully human and fully divine.
- The person of the Holy Spirit, also fully God, indwells believers.
Nature of mankind:
- Humans, which are created in the image of God, were made for a relationship with Him.
- However, because every individual has sinned (chosen his or her own way over God’s), their relationship with God is broken. The results of sin are spiritual death and eternal separation from God.
Nature of salvation:
- We cannot earn our salvation. We can never be good enough to fully meet God’s holy standards.
- Salvation begins and ends with God. It is a gift of grace from God through Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is possible because Jesus Christ paid the death penalty our sins deserve when He willingly gave His life on the cross. He was the once for all perfect sacrifice.
- Jesus is the only way of salvation. There is no other way, or no other name, by which to be saved.
Nature of our position before God:
- Christ takes our sin and gives us His righteousness. Because of this exchange we have access to God through Christ.
- Believers are children and heirs of God.
- God is Father, but also Lord and Master. He loves us perfectly, but also has the right to our complete obedience and trust.
Nature of Eternity:
- God will judge every person.
- Believers will inherit eternal life in heaven.
- Anyone outside of a relationship with Christ will spend eternity separated from God in hell
Nature of the Bible:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- It is accurate, trustworthy, and infallible.
- God’s Word is relevant and applicable today and has authority in the lives of believers.