Chocolate is my love language and I speak it fluently. That’s why I’m so excited that the chocolate holiday (aka “Valentine’s Day) is almost here.
Unfortunately, a cruel irony has beset me. I have a dentist’s appointment on February 14th. However, I plan to soldier on. There will be plenty of time to celebrate chocolate’s rich, creamy sweetness before and after my time in the chair.
In honor of the big day, I’m sharing my ten chocolate favorites! (In no particular order)
- Dairy Milk chocolate bar
- Hershey’s Best Brownies (recipe below!)
- Starbuck’s Peppermint Mocha
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs – only available around Easter
- Lindt Milk Chocolate Lindor Balls
- Mocha Truffles (I shared the recipe in December!)
- Warm Chocolate Melting Cake – ate it every night on our last Carnival Cruise
- Chocolate Fountain – my favorite thing to dip are small squares of Rice Krispy Treat
- Fudge Richey – from “Susie’s South Forty” in Midland, Texas (Ladies, it’s chocolate-covered fudge!)
- Nestle’s Semi-Sweet chocolate chips – they’re great by the handful and you can add them to anything!
I want to know your chocolate favorites! Share names, recipes, or links! Let’s really indulge ourselves between now and Valentine’s Day!
Here’s that recipe I promised:
Hershey’s Best Brownies
I got this recipe off the back of a canister of Hershey’s cocoa many years ago. However, the chocolate chips are my addition!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Nestle’s Semi-Sweet of course!)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large bowl. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add cocoa, beat. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat well. Mix half the chocolate chips into the batter and spread into a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 30 minutes only!
Sign up to get Kathy's blog posts by email and get a free Bible study on the book of Titus.
Titus Bible Study
Join Kathy's mailing list to receive a free mini Bible study on the book of Titus.
Success! Check your inbox for the download link.