The Christmas season has officially started! That means carols, decorating, and shopping. It’s a busy time, but I’d love to help! Check out the following gift ideas for that person on your list who loves to read and study the Bible.
There are a couple of great things about the following ideas. First, depending on your budget, you can give one item or bundle them for a bigger gift. Second, since these gifts are tools for spiritual encouragement and growth, they offer great benefit to the recipient.
5 Gift Ideas for the Bible Study Lover
- “How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth“ – This easy-to-read book, written by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart, lays out the basic techniques for proper Bible study. It’s helpful for the beginner or the longtime student. I refer to this book regularly. Every Bible lover should have this book on their shelf.
- Journaling Bible – When I began using a single-column, wide-margined journaling Bible my Bible reading/study time took a big leap forward. Marking right in the passage and then having the space to make notes right on the page helped me engage with the text like never before. (Note: Journaling Bibles have heavier paper for less bleed through!) The one I use is the ESV Single Column Journaling Bible, large print edition.
- Observation/Writing Tools – I use highlighters and archival ink pens to help me mark my observations in a Bible passage. I use the Pigma Micron 05 Blue pen to underline and make notes. (Here’s a set of 6 in various colors.) I also use a variety of colors of highlighters to mark different types of things in the text. (For more on observation and highlighting, see “10 Observation Tips for Better Bible Study” and “Bible Highlighting for More Effective Study.”)
- The “IVP Bible Background Commentaries” – These two volumes give historical and cultural background on every passage in the Bible. I use one or both of them almost every day. You can get the New Testament volume or the Old Testament volume. Or get them both!
- Deep Rooted Devotionals – Each volume of the Deep Rooted devotionals guides the reader on a deep walk through a Bible book. They help foster a daily habit of Bible study and work to equip the reader with solid Bible study techniques. There are volumes on the Gospel of Mark, the Book of Acts, and the Book of Romans.
NOTE: Amazon links are affiliate links.
Do you have any suggestions for the Bible study lovers on our gift list? I would love to know your go-to study help or resource!