Right now I am putting the last things in my suitcase. Tonight, me and six other women will board a plane and head to South Asia for a short-term mission trip. I would covet your prayers for the team and ministry as we go!
Here are some of the things we will be doing in the name of Jesus:
- Leading a retreat on biblical friendship for at-risk girls at a day center.
- Meeting with and encouraging national women believers.
- Teaching Bible stories and doing games, and music with boys and girls in two other day centers.
- Teaching the Bible and doing crafts with moms and young women.
We will be traveling starting tonight and arriving at our destination early in the morning Saturday, March 14. We will be on the ground ministering from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20. We will be traveling home on Saturday, March 21.
Here are a few ways you can pray:
- Health and travel safety of our team members. Peace about those we are leaving behind.
- Final planning and preparation.
- Strength, unity, and bonding of our team. May God unify our minds and bond our hearts to each other. May He help us to work together as a team to fulfill His purposes.
- Those we are working with there. Pray for their emotional, spiritual, and physical well being. Pray that God will use them powerfully.
- The three centers and their staff. Praise God for this incredible ministry to the children. Pray that God will provide for the staff and strengthen and grow them spiritually. Pray for their effectiveness as teachers and spiritual mentors. Pray that God will supply all the financial needs of the centers and that they would stay right in the center of God’s will and purposes for them.
- The children – pray for them in every possible way you can think of – their salvation, their spiritual growth, their health, their protection from trafficking, their futures, their families
I have kept this information general for safety concerns. But God knows all the details! Your prayers would benefit God’s Kingdom and encourage us! Will you pray for us?