The internet can be both dangerous and wonderful. It’s filled with many things that are not emotionally or spiritually healthy for us. BUT, it also provides us with some great online Bible study resources and tools. And many of them are FREE!
I still love printed resources and I have quite a few. But, I also supplement my study with online resources, tools, and writings. Just keep in mind that everything you find on the internet will not necessarily be biblical. Check everything you find against the truth of God’s Word.
A Word about Resources
You don’t HAVE to use extra resources to study God’s Word. These are supplemental. All Christians have the indwelling Holy Spirit that help us understand Scripture. With the proper study techniques we can do rich, meaningful Bible study on our own. (For a solid Bible study method see “The 4 R Bible Study Method for Everyday Use.”)
A Few Online Bible Study Resources to Try
The following are a few online resources to investigate. (If you’re interested knowing how to look up the original languages see “Resources to Study the Bible’s Greek and Hebrew Words.”)
- 20 English versions of the Bible with keywords and topical index
- Several commentaries, dictionaries, lexicon, and more
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- Nave’s Topical Bible
- Several commentaries and dictionaries
- Outlines, charts, maps, Strong’s, Commentaries, Lots of misc.
- Original language
4. The Bible Project– This video-driven resource has word studies, Bible book overviews, visual commentaries and more.
- 11 Bible versions connected to reference tools
- Lots of apologetic info, History and more
6. Bible Hub
- Search and study tools including parallel texts
- Cross references
- Treasury of Scripture and commentaries plus access to topical studies, interlinears, sermons, Strong’s and many more resources
7. Study Light
- Bible commentaries
- Original language tools
- Drawings and photos
- Timelines and calendars
9. Christian Classics Ethereal Library – Writings of the old Church Fathers
10. A Group Study Opportunity – The Book of Daniel
I lead an ongoing women’s Bible reading and discussion group on Facebook. We work through one Bible book at a time.
We begin 4 weeks in Daniel on Monday, February 27th. The doable-sized daily readings and questions post Monday through Friday at 5am CT so it’s ready when you are. Schedule your time in God’s Word and drop in to leave a comment when it works for you.
This closed group is a safe place for women to discuss Scripture and encourage each other in our lives of faith. To join, visit “Reading the Bible Together,” request to join, and answer the three quick questions.
Sign up to get Kathy's blog posts by email and get a free Bible study on the book of Titus.
Titus Bible Study
Join Kathy's mailing list to receive a free mini Bible study on the book of Titus.
Success! Check your inbox for the download link.