Are you ready to share Jesus at a moment’s notice? Sharing the Good News of Jesus with others can be scary for many of us. But, half the battle is simply being prepared. One of the best ways to prepare is by memorizing Bible verses for evangelism. (Also see “How to Have a Relationship with Jesus” to further prepare yourself.)
Here’s some wise advice from the Apostle Peter:
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. 1 Peter 3:15a
How can we prepare to share the Gospel?
- First, we need to be ready to tell our own story – Be prepared to share your “story” (less daunting word than “testimony”) in 2 or 3 minutes. What was your life like before Jesus? How did Jesus break through to your heart and save you? Importantly, what is God doing in your life right now?
- Second, memorize Scripture verses about salvation – Our personal experience is vital, but we need to be prepared to back it up with the authority of God’s Word. Jesus is not the only way because we say so. God says so and we should be armed with that truth. It’s also important to know verses by heart so we are ready any time and any where to share the Good News of Jesus.
My Top 10 Bible Verses for Evangelism
There are some many verses we can use to share the Gospel message. But here are my favorite 10, in no particular order. And yes, I do know these “by heart!” Check them out and you’ll see why they made my top 10:
- Romans 3:23 – Every person has sinned and is therefore separated from God.
- Romans 6:23 – We have earned an eternal death penalty because of our sin.
- John 3:16-18 – We were under condemnation, but because God loves us so much, He sent Jesus to provide a way of salvation.
- Romans 5:8 – God showed His love for us by sending Jesus to die for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 – Sinless Jesus, took our sin, so we could have His righteousness.
- 1 Peter 3:18 – Jesus, who was completely righteous, died for us, the unrighteous, so He could bring us to God.
- Ephesians 2:8-10 – We cannot do anything to earn our salvation. God saves us by His grace through faith in Christ.
- Romans 10:9-10 – We are saved through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
- John 14:6 – Jesus is the way to God the Father.
- Acts 4:12 – Jesus is the only name that can save us.
You may already know many of these passages. If you don’t will you commit to memorizing some – or all?! Here are a couple of helps for you:
So, what do you say? Will you become a prepper? Do you have favorite verses to add to the list?