Have you set any spiritual goals for the New Year? Last Thursday’s post offered some tips and tools for evaluating our spiritual health and setting some goals. Spiritual growth requires discipline and intentionality. As the apostle Paul said, we must “train ourselves for godliness” (1 Timothy 4:7-8). Today, I simply want to share some discipleship resources to help and encourage you as you work toward those goals. If you have some favorite websites, books, or resources, please feel free to share them with us in the comment section!
Quiet Time Help & Encouragement:
- “God is My Refuge” – This 12-week devotional book guides us to discover God’s faithful promises for difficult times and helps us apply them to our lives. Find out more and download a free day’s devotional.
- Hello Mornings – Thousands of women from all over the world have found encouragement and accountability to make spending time with God their first priority. This online ministry connects women in small community groups.
- Quiet Time Tips – free download from Kathy!
- 10 Tips for a Great Quiet Time – My friend Teri Lynn Underwood shares helpful hints!
- “Savoring Living Water: How to Have an Effective Quiet Time” – Kindle book by Lara Williams, Katie Orr, & Sarah Mattern
- Bible reading plans – I have 6, year-long plans on the resources page of this website, free to download. The plans vary widely in daily reading length, so you can choose one that meets you where you are in your spiritual journey.
- Bible Gateway plans – This site (which is one of my favorites) has numerous free plans available. Plus, you can receive daily reading reminders by email!
- Online study – There are four complete Bible studies on this website. Follow the link and check out the categories in the left sidebar. The studies include Ephesians, The Fruit of the Spirit, Hebrews, and a condensed version of my published study “Unshakeable Faith.”
- List of 7 “Must-Have” Resources
- List of great online Bible study tools
- Bible Study Books – I have four published studies. One may be just what you’re looking for!
1. “Unshakeable Faith: 8 Traits for Rock-Solid Living”
2. “Before His Throne: Discovering the Wonder of Intimacy with a Holy God”
3. “God’s Truth Revealed: Biblical Foundations for the Christian Faith”
4. “Embraced by Holiness: The Path to God’s Daily Presence”
- Women’s Bible Study Cafe – This online study group begins new studies in January.
- Your church – If your church offers a women’s Bible study group, I encourage you to join. There is no substitute for studying God’s Word with members of your own church body!
- “Hide His Word” – This Facebook group does a wonderful job of encouraging and helping people memorize Scripture!
- Memverse – This online system helps you memorize and review Scripture!
- Scripture Memory Tips – this free download gives helpful tips for memorizing God’s Word.
- Scripture Memory Plans – the resources page of this website offers 5 free plans!
- Charlotte Mason’s Scripture Memory System – Extremely detailed idea for organizing your memory verses!
- Praying Life Foundation – Free prayer resources & articles from Jennifer Kennedy Dean
- 21 Ways to Pray for Other Christians – PDF to download included with blog post
- Sharing Jesus Prayer Guide – Ways to pray for yourself & others as you tell them about Jesus.
- “Take Words with You: A Manual for Intercession” – free resource from DesiringGod.org that helps you pray Scripture
- 21-Day Prayer Challenge – Join Christen at “The Uncontainable Truth” this January!
Other resources to check out:
- Girlfriends in God – Encouraging, daily devotional
- Do Not Depart – This practical site helps Christians abide in Christ.
- The M.O.M. Initiative – Mentoring for women in all phases of life!
- Living Better at 50+ – online magazine for Christian women covers home, health, fashion, finances, faith, and more!
Do you know of a helpful resource for those of us seeking to follow Christ more closely in 2015? Tell us about it in the comments!
Sign up to get Kathy's blog posts by email and get a free Bible study on the book of Titus.
A lot of important points in this article that we should be aware of about our spiritual goals. This would surely be a huge help. Thanks for sharing this great article.